7 Ways To Get In The Christmas Spirit
It’s not always easy to “turn on,” the Christmas Spirit. Often, due to our daily demands, we need a jump start to get in the ho-ho-holiday frame of mind. If you find yourself wanting or needing motivation, try one, or all of these tips.
1. Deck The Halls: Putting up the family Christmas tree, or decorating the house is a great way to feel festive. DYI Network offers several ways to decorate your tree , and living space.
2. Enjoy the lights: Various cities all over the U.S. have a Trail of Lights, or Holiday Light display. Search for one in your area. Texas Holiday Light Trail has several light festivals to chose from. If you’re in Texas during December, make time to visit one.
4. Watch Favorite Christmas Movies: It’s one of my family’s tradition to kickoff the Christmas season by watching “The Grinch.” From there it’s “Chipmunks Christmas,” “The Preachers Wife,” and every other Christmas movie in our collection. If you don’t have a collection, check your favorite local movie rental, or library.
5. Spread good tidings to others: Do unto others. Instead of waiting for a gift, get out and give your time at a local shelter, purchase a gift for an Angel Tree, or volunteer as a bell ringer for Salvation Army.
7. Make personal Christmas cards: Friends and family would love to receive personalized, or handmade Christmas cards from you. Make it a family project, and get everyone involved. Curbly.com, and Family Fun Magazine , both have great ideas that are fun for the whole family.
How does your family usher in Christmas cheer?