Fourth Quarter Count Down: Not Too Late to Make it Happen
2011 is almost done. We are in the final stretch.
At the beginning of this year we, we set our goals and made our resolutions. We typically have high hopes are looking forward to the bright future ahead.
By mid-year, we’re tired. By third quarter, we plan to make the final push to make the year turn out like we want. By fourth quarter, we feel if we haven’t achieved our goals for the year, we just roll them into next year.
So stop it!
Do you live by faith or by fear?
Nothing is too hard for God.
In the midst of adversity is the biggest opportunity – if you expect it.
Don’t keep your mind focused on the economy and how bad it is. What you dwell on expands. You will attract what you expect. Your most dominant thoughts, if negative, will cause you to live in lack and in fear.
Here are some keys to make it happen:
1. Regroup. Ok, so you had some hits. You were knocked down and around – but you’re still here. Get a grip of yourself by really leaning and trusting on God. Start by fueling yourself up with the Word. Don’t look at “why” things happen – just focus on what you want to happen now. Sit still, listen to God and let Him direct your paths.
2. Read. Tank up on all the knowledge you need to transform your life. Information changes the season of your life. The Lord spoke to my heart early this year to “do something different.” Not knowing exactly what that meant, I just pondered it in my heart and I began to notice the clues the Lord had set around me regarding to my business. I started investigating, inquiring, exploring and READING about new business models. I spent an enormous amount of time researching, training, taking teleseminars and getting “coached” for my new business model. It has been an amazing journey and a lot of hard work but I am now breaking ground in an industry that is growing not declining.
3. Form Alliances. This is a major key to any success. Who you associate with determines what you get out of life. We are culmination of the people we hang around. By creating a new network of achievers has inspired me to tread in new waters. They’ve pushed me and motivated me to do more. We have joint ventured to co-author books, do seminars, videos, blogs and provide resources to clients that we could not have alone. Team work does make the dream work! Creating synergy is the new “secret” marketing strategy for entrepreneurs. Cooperation is better than competition. “…threefold cord is not easily broken.”
4. Write and speak your vision. Your tongue is the pen of ready writer. So, what are you writing and speaking about your future? Confession precedes possession. If you are expecting certain things to happen in 2011, write out your ideas, strategies, partners, plans and post them up so you can see them. By meditating on what you want – and not on the circumstances around you – you will attract success. Keeping a vision of your expected outcome is a powerful faith tool to consistently reach your goals. Speak what you seek! Your future does not respond to anyone else’s voice but yours.
5. Be productive. My late uncle, Lowell W. Perry, would listen to our plans and help us articulate our dreams. Then he would conclude with, “OK, now it’s time to shake your fanny.” Meaning, get to work. Faith without works is dead. You have got to burn the midnight oil and apply some elbow grease to situations. Nothing is going to just happen. You have to act and be consistent, diligent, persistent and relentless! You have to make preparations for your big harvest, get busy like it’s coming – and it will! Expectation gives you energy to make stuff happen.
6. Expect a miracle. Take the limits off. God wants the best for you – His Word is filled with promises. Stand on His promises and speak them daily. Be proactive and start preparing for success. Increase your faith and your activity. Create a clutter-free environment conducive for creativity. Form strategic alliances and purpose partners.
Keep your neck out – watch it happen! It’s not too late. Have you achieved what you set out to achieve this year? What’s holding you back? What’s stopping you?
You gotta be HUNGRY. (see my favorite video by Les Brown below)
Don’t just meet me there, BEAT me there! Pam Perry is an award-winning, certified social media strategist and PR coach. She is the new President/CEO of Social Media PR Solutions, LLC. You can find her social media bread crumbs at http://about.me/pamperry