6 Reasons to Upgrade Your iPhone 4/3GS to iOS 5
Usually it is only a new iPhone that is really exciting, but after upgrading to iOS 5, I have decided not to buy the iPhone 4S. Here are a 6 reasons I love my upgrade iPhone 4:
1. Reminder. I love the new reminders. You now choose between getting a reminder (comes down from down from top of screen) or an alert (pops up on your screen.) If you put your finger at the top of the iPhone screen and pull down, you will see the reminders as shown in the picture below. You can change in the settings which reminders you will see and how many.
2. Camera. The camera has a few added features. The one I like the best? When you have the camera open, you can press the “Volume Up” button to take a picture. Apple also added the grid finally. If you click on “options” you can choose to add the grid.
3. Calendar. Open the calendar on the iPhone and turn the iPhone sideways…. You will see the calendar like this:
4. iCloud. I was really upset when they took my Mobile Me away, but now that I get a free iCloud account instead, I’m ok. You can syn your calendar, mail, contacts, documents, reminders, notes and bookmarks along with your last 1,000 photos. You will be able to access those anywhere you have access to iCloud. There is an iCloud for Windows version also, but I haven’t been able to download it yet.
5. Twitter Integration. Go to the settings and you can add your Twitter username and password. Twitter is now integrated into your iPhone. Instead of asking for your Twitter password all the time, you are always signed in.
6. Mail. This isn’t a huge change, but for me it can make a world of difference if you use flags (or stars) for Gmail. You can now see a flag when you are scrolling through you mail.
These changes have made my life a little easier. What are some of your favorite iOS 5 changes?