Eyeliner has made a comeback in a big way. This season, it doesn’t just complement your eye-makeup it is the focal point. You can toy with looks that range from retro cat-eye to haute runway. As with any new look, you can set out for fabulous and end up a faux pas. Here are some common mistakes to avoid when applying your eyeliner.
- Never draw a straight line. Your skin has grooves. Drawing a straight line will actually give a ripple effect. Instead, use short connected strokes.
- When winging your eyeliner on your lower lid, do not connect it to your top lid. Allow it to wing out. You should have two distinct lines (pictured above)
- Apply liner after your eyeshadow so that the line remains distinct.
- Dramatic liner can draw attention to dark circles under your eye. So use a concealer to brighten the under-eye area.
- Cream and liquid liners glide on and will give you longer wear than a pencil.
- Be strategic. You can use eye-liner to enhance or reshape your eyes. If one eye is slightly wider or rounder than the other, use eye-liner to add balance
~An original MyBlogalicious post.
Denise is the creative force behind the beauty blog, Rainy Day Diva. The online destination for beauty, style and inspiration-no matter what! Twitter: @RainyDayDiva ! She is also a champion of diversity in television and film for the blog For The Love of The Game, on Twitter:@Girl_TD