Are YOU Red Carpet Ready? Tips on How to Step into the Spotlight
As a publicist by trade, I have attended many celebrity events and prepped folks to be ready for their red carpet moments. It’s fun. It’s exciting. And it is also hard work!
The one thing they all have in common: The Red Carpet. OMG!
Don’t we just love looking, gawking and critiquing those who stroll, pose and walk with style on the RED carpet?
If you have never done this, make it a goal to do this year. It is so much fun.
Here are some tips to help you rock it like a superstar:
1. Hair. Your hair has to be slamming. This is the first thing people will notice. It is your “crowning glory.” Make it shiny, bouncing and sexy. Cut it, color it or pin it up. Whatever flatters you the most. Don’t get out of the stylist chair unless YOU absolutely love, love what you see in the mirror. If YOU love your hair, really, that’s all that matters. So, whip your hair back and forth!
2. Dress. Your outfit has to turn heads. The main thing is that is it tailored. Make sure it is not too long, too baggy, too tight – spend the extra money for the perfect fit! Wear YOUR color well. Drop it like it’s hot in red. Or WOW’em in purple. You can always make a statement in black – and don’t forget to shine. Add glitter and glamor. YOU are the star – now glisten in the lights!
3. Eyes. It’s all about the eyes – they are the windows to the soul. So, make them stand out. Add the lashes. Go ahead – get a professional makeup artist to create a work of art with your face. When they finish with pampering you with all the brushes – you’ll feel like a million bucks.
4. Feet. Yes, your feet have to be fierce! Polish those toes and show them off! Nothing is sexier than soft, cute feet and sassy, bad to the bone shoes. So, if you have to, practice walking like a run way model a few days before in those babies. Your shoes tell where you’ve been and where you’re going. Make sure your shoes talk – and say “Yeah, I’m all that!” Great place to get some fierce shoes: Peep Toe in West Bloomfield
5. Mind. Get your mind right. Check your attitude. The main thing to do on the Red Carpet is to smile. But don’t be fake. Be happy. Be joyful. Be confident. Have some SWAG! That means you have fed your mind with positivity. When you arrive on the scene, be the first of give out compliments to others. Build others up – and it will come back to you. Remember the Golden Rule.
Being Red Carpet ready is all about being the ultimate. Being the best you can be. It’s about maximizing your look – and presenting yourself to the world.
Know that you have the beauty, the brains and the brand to rock the red carpet – anywhere. Now go brand like a superstar and brand your best life!
Smile, say, “cheese.” SWAG and Pose.
Pam Perry (pictured below) is a PR Coach &Social Media Strategist: http://about.me/pamperry