How to Get Buzz Going: Last Minute Launch Ideas
You have put your blood, sweat, tears and MONEY into your new book, CD project or info product – and you’re ready to take the world by storm and “get out there.”
You have dreams of this being the thing that really will “put you on the map” so to speak. This is good content!
The product is ready to be sold – but only you and your circle know about it. And they have said they would tell their friends and family. Sigh.
So now you have about 100 people who are “warm” about your HOT project/product and if you sell them all to those folks – you would not be very happy. You were thinking you’d sell at least one thousand copies of this baby.
Hey, you’ve heard that people sell so much in one launch online that they don’t have to work for a year.
At the very least, they made a bunch of money and can coast for about six months.
They are hot on the speaking circuit and have tons of new consulting and speaking gigs coming to them daily.
So, how do they do it?*
Here are some “Last Minute Launch” Strategies proven to work:
What you can do in 3-Days to Launch
- Create a really good “sales letter” and send to your email list
- Set up Blog Tour with blogs you follow and those who comment on your blog (You DO follow blogs don’t you?)
- Video (street beat, testimonials) and post up to Youtube
- Video tape yourself speaking at an event or at a bookstore & send out via email
- Run a Facebook contest to offer your product for free by having people answer simple questions
- Start Google+ Hangout & invite those in your circle who would be interested in your topic
- Tweetchat and talk about your topic on Twitter
- Article Marketing
- Solicit reviews on Amazon via social networking and offer a bonus gift (when they do post a review)
What you can do in 24-Hours to Launch
- Do several Eblasts using a service that reaches your target audience. For Christian Books, we use DetroitGospel.com, GoodGirlBookclub.com & BlackGospelPromo.com
- Blogtalk shows and invite other “experts” to discuss your topic and share the shows via social media/email
- Send out Press Releases through places like PRnewswire.com or BlackPR.com(which is what we use) But here are some others:
- Host an online party for your book or new product. (Telecall using a bridgeline)
- Post a Slideshare and share to Facebook, your blog, twitter and add a Youtube video to it
- Create a Pinterest
*Now these strategies will help you get buzz but it really takes a lot more planning and positioning in the marketplace to make an impact. Try not to be “last minute,” think it through for real:
- Take an assessment of your unique situation, target audience, core message, goals and opportunities
- Create a game plan with timelines and tasks at least 60 to 90 days out
This initial planning will guide the whole promotion process of the launch which includes defining your unique market positioning, personal narrative assets, core values, branded process, markets and product mix.
To learn more on how to Launch Like a Superstar, go to
watch the FREE videos