You Look Muah-velous!
Nothing spoils a hot new lip color or gloss like dry lips. With spring giving us temperatures that range from warm and sunny to chilly willy, it’s not unlikely to have dry lips in our future. The skin on our lips is delicate and prone to dehydration. A little exfoliation and pampering can go a long way. Here’s a few tips to try this season that will keep you looking muah-velous!
- Apply lip balm immediately after the shower. This is the best time to moisturize your skin and lips are no exception.
- Use a damp, soft bristle tooth brush to gently buff lips during your cleansing routine. Follow with balm.
- If your lips are extra dry, exfoliate them with a scrub. Mix 1tsp. of honey and 1 tsp. of sugar and rub gently to remove loose skin.
- Resist the urge to bite or lick your lips. This just intensifies dryness and draws attention to the problem.
- Be prepared! Keep balm in your purse, your office drawer, and your gym bag. It will always come in handy.
Pangea Organics Italian Red Rose lip balm for a nourishing, natural, and fragrant experience that will keep your lips moisturized and kissably soft for hours.
Bobbi Brown’s Yogi Bare Balm. This swivel stick balm isn’t just a cute name and sleek package. It comforts and conditions your skin to improve the look and feel of your lips.
Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 Made with almond oil and vitamin E, this balm helps soothe dry, cracked lips and protects lips from the elements. You’ll want to keep this one handy on a cold, blistery day.
Denise is the creative force behind the beauty blog, Rainy Day Diva. The online destination for beauty, style and inspiration-no matter what! Twitter: @RainyDayDiva ! She is also a champion of diversity in television and film for the blog For The Love of The Game, on Twitter:@Girl_TD