Tech Gifts For High School Grads
It’s that time of the year where the high schools graduates move on to college. We live in a high tech world, so recent graduates will be better equipped for their new venture if they have the right gadgets.
Tech Gifts for Grads
Here are a few gadgets that a recent graduate may need:
1. Laptop – This is a necessity for any college student these days. Many colleges require each student to have their own laptop. I prefer one of the smaller very portable laptops because the college student will be carrying the laptop with them everywhere.
Not only will the laptop be essential to their studies, but will probably be used for keeping in touch with family and friends and listening to music and watching movies. Many laptops are now very stylish along with being functional.
2. Tablet – Depending on the type of tablet, this could replace the laptop, but more than likely, it would be a tool for viewing media, accessing files and keeping up with the lastest news. Many class books are available in ebook format and tablets are perfect for reading books.
3. Cell Phone – Most college grads will have a cell phone, but it is probably a good idea to be sure they have one that is in good working order. The cell phone will become their life line and it’s a great way to check in with Mom or Dad without a long phone call.
4. Portable Video Recorder – Many cell phones have awesome video capabilities, so a grad may not need a separate video recorder. But this will come in handy for school projects and documenting the exciting college life.
5. Digital Camera – Just like the video recorder, a separate digital camera may not be necessary, but having a decent camera is a must.
6. GPS – When a recent grad goes off to college and is driving in a new environment, a GPS will be very handy so he/she doesn’t get lost. I went to school near my home at first, but it was in an area I wasn’t familiar with. I spent a lot of time pulling off the road and looking up where I was on a map. (Remember maps?)
7. Small Recording Device – Being able to record lectures makes it a lot easier when you are trying to remember what your professor said in class. Sometimes you are so busy writing down notes, you miss the next important information. I like the Livescribe because it captures your written notes and audio at the same time.
You may want to talk with your recent grad to see what type of gadget they prefer since there are so many options. The best gadgets will be very portable because college students are always on the move.
What tech gifts do you suggest for recent grads?
Photos from Microsoft Images.